Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Arm-Knitting - DIY Scarf Tutorial

I have a quick easy DIY craft for you today - "Arm-knitting"!

Ok so I have been wanting a big chunky scarf for a couple of months now - but just can't bring myself to pay so much for one. I love sales and discounts, and since we are in the middle of winter, there really aren't many deals on them right now. And who wants to wait until spring to buy a chunky warm scarf that you won't even get a chance to wear until next season! Right?

So that's when I turned to the internet world. Seriously you can find pretty much anything and everything that you could ever want to make - some things you didn't even know you wanted until you see them! I found a great tutorial at Simply Maggie. And you only need two things - your arms and some yarn!

This project works best with super bulky yarn - I got mine at Walmart for around six dollars. I only purchased one roll which was around 110 yards - but the tutorial you watch will show her using 2 rolls (but she only uses around 1/2 of each) so one roll should be enough - it just depends on how tight you like the scarf around your knock. I suggest watching the video a couple of times before starting - I even practiced a bit before I started just to make sure I got the hang of it. Once I did it seriously only took me maybe an hour to complete - so simple! And it doesn't cost nearly as much as those in the store!

But here are the links to Simply Maggie's videos (Video #1 & Video #2) I hope you have fun with this and enjoy your creation as much as I love mine!






No comments:

Post a Comment